Friday, October 5, 2012

Pumpkins!!!!!






So I noticed some questions on the CTMH bulletin board about the paper pumpkins in the catalog,before I saw this I had already made my own rendition.So I thought I would show them off.

 I used Sorbet paper ,The New Ruby marker set dark to put in the veining.Then over top I used the lighter Ruby marker to blend and add depth . Then I put both bronze and red glitter gel in small amounts and spread on with my finger. Let everything dry . Then did the other side of each. I used the leaf from the box topper from the cartridge so I had a hole in the midde. I cut this 3 times using ,sorbet ,topiary and kraft cardstock . I cut the green and sorbet cardstock in peices and glued them together . I then went back with the markers and glitter and did the same as with the pumpkins . Then I looked in the catalog and made the ones they had there. I didn't follow there recipe I just made it up . I did use the Harvest Happiness stamp set . I use the same colors of cardstock because I have extras and they are my favorite. I used the new pigment inks in the same colors as the papers and here you go.





 I do think I like the ones with the extra parts added to add extra dimension. I put my first together with liquid glass and that took a long time in between to dry. The ones in the catalog that I copied I used glue dots then I didn't have to wait. Very impatient to see how they would look.

So I thought I would share and start the new part of my blog: My Gratitude Corner : Today I am truly Grateful for my friend Sarita for listening for the hundreth time to me gripe about life. I will add each day something I am grateful for so we'll see how this impacts my life and maybe even yours. 

4 comments:

  1. Love them ! Need to stop by and learn:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be making these at Evergreen school next Saturday ,you should come ,your daughter would like it too. If you could I would love to see your window you posted. Not sure if it's too big to bring but if you could show us how you made it that would be cool. It's not just for papercrafting we want any crafter just a place to get together and show each other's ideas ,I bet others would like to know how you did that too.

      Delete
  2. Love those pumpkins! I have a ton of sorbet cardstock and I am never drawn to it. But, it is a pretty shade for a pumpkin!

    I am grateful for you too! Who else can I "practice" on?? LOL!!
    Love ya!!

    Also, what do you think about making these at Creative Connections next week???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried paper yet, I do have mine in felt and ceramic. They are great, Joanne, great inspiration for fall.

    ReplyDelete